Sep 28, 2012

Her face


So, the biggest thing for me with this is really pushing the light to work well. The reason I started  this concept last year was to create an image that relies less on character and form, and relies more on light. I'm not sure I am succeeding in that yet. Once the forms are set, I'll continue to work on the light.

I've been looking a lot at different photographs of fire and skin. It's an interesting combination, skin has a reflective and translucent quality that really becomes apparent when it's next to fire. Here are a few examples... one from Cabin in the Woods (great flick, btw). Note the red glow, and the yellow highlight.

And the same effect is apparent here in Adam Hughes' painting of Phoenix:


So much simpler and eloquent than what I'm trying to do.

No comments: